A Letter from Mom母亲写来的信
Dear Son,亲爱的儿子,
I'm writing this slow 'cause I know you can't read fast. 我这么慢才写信给你是由于了解你也读不快。
We don't live where we did when you first left. 大家不住在你首次离开时的地方了。
Your Dad read in the paper that most accidents happen within 20 miles of home, so we moved. 你父亲从报纸上读到一篇报道说大部分事故都是发生在家周围方圆20英里的范围内,所以大家搬家了。
I won't be able to send you the address 我不可以对你说地址,
as the last family here took the numbers with them for their next house, so they wouldn't have to change their address. 由于原来住在这里的那家人为了不改变地址而把门牌号带走了。
This place has a washing machine. 这地方有台洗衣机,
The first day I put four shirts in, pulled the chain, and I haven't seen 'em since. 第一天我放了四件衬衫进来,开动机器,我就再没见过我的衬衫了。
It only rained twice this week, three days the first time and four days this time. 这个星期只下了两次雨,首次下了三天,第二次下了四天。
The coat you wanted me to send you, 至于你想让我寄给你的那件大衣,
your Aunt Susan said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with the heavy buttons, 你的苏珊姨妈说上面的扣子太重了,不好邮寄,
so we cut them off and put them in the pockets. 所以我把扣子都剪下来放在了大衣兜里。
about your sister, she had a baby this morning. 至于你的妹妹,她今天早上生了个孩子,
I haven't found out whether it's a girl or a boy, 大家还不了解是男生还是女生,
so I didn't know if you are an Aunt or an Uncle. 所以我还不了解你会做阿姨还是叔叔。
Not much more news this time, write soon. 没更多的新消息了,将来再写。
Love, Mom爱你的,母亲
P.S. Was going to send you money, 又及:想给你寄钱来着,
but the envelope was already sealed.可是信封已经封去世了。
英语故事相关



